Sunday, October 16, 2016

Awareness Events & Other Upcoming Events



October is an important month for me.  Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness, as well as Domestic Violence Awareness are very personal to me.  Yesterday, October 15th, there were 2 big events that happened in remembrance of many, many babies that have gone too soon. 


My friend, mentor, and the founder of Stillbirthday, Heidi Faith, released hundreds of little floral seeded hearts (each had a beloved baby's name handwritten onto it), at the Gateway Arch in St. Louis, Missouri.  I am honored that my baby's name was included on one of those tiny hearts.  There was also the international Wave of light.  People around the world lit a candle in remembrance of their (or a friend's/loved one's) baby (or babies) that they lost too soon.  My Facebook newsfeed was filled with beautiful candles!

Today I was able to take my daughters to a 'Take Back The Night' event.  We heard an amazing speaker talk about sexual assault that she's personally experienced, and the lasting effects that it has had on her.  We made signs, marched, and raised awareness in our community. 

Tonight, I am so proud of my actual community, as well as my Facebook community.  I'm honored to know many caring, selfless people!  I'm looking forward to the upcoming months!

Additionally, A Joyful Journey will be hosting a number of classes from now through December in our community!  This is a great opportunity for anyone interested to get to know our doulas better!

Here's what we have scheduled so far!   Each class is $10/person.


In addition to this, I will be hosting a Breastfeeding Basics class, as well as a Pregnancy and Infant Loss Support group soon.  Keep checking back in for updates! 

Warmly,
Andrea



No comments:

Post a Comment