Wednesday, November 16, 2016

30 Days of Thankfulness-Day 15


By Cathy Smith
Today I am thankful for my local MOPS group.  For those of you who don't know what MOPS is, it stands for Mothers of Preschoolers.  There are local groups all around the country.  Mine is at New Life Church in New Lenox, IL and meets Friday mornings.

I have been a part of MOPS for 4 years now and I know I'm a MOPS "lifer". MOPS is a place where moms connect, eat a nice breakfast, enjoy a craft or motivational speaker, and form a community.  There is childcare during the meeting so I actually get to enjoy a HOT breakfast.  Reason enough to join!

These are my people.  These ladies will pray for you, bring meals to you, and share in your struggles and triumphs as a mother.  These women have seen me and guided me through financial difficulties, family deaths, and bed rest in pregnancy.  They have encouraged me when I applied to midwifery school, laughed at my kids conundrums, pushed me to be patient, and made me feel like I truly have a safe place to be me.

To all the fabulous MOPS moms in my groups over the years, and especially to the Steering Committee, I want to say thank you.  Thank you for crying with me, coaching me, laughing with me, and continuing to guide me.  I love you all and consider myself to be beyond blessed to have you in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment