Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Day 8 of Giving Thanks


By Cathy Smith

This is a tough day for many to give thanks.  In an election, there is always a winner and sometimes it's not who we would prefer.  I would like to give thanks that we as women have the right to vote. Without the 19th amendment, I would not have been able to vote.  I am thankful our foremothers worked so hard to give us that right.  I am working for my generation and future generations in Illinois to have the right to have a  CPM attend their home birth.  It is currently illegal in our state.

We may not have the final say in who leads our country, but we can always work hard to make changes in our world, large or small.  I am thankful for the strong women in my life, and thankful that we have a democracy in our country.  We can always do something.  We can instill in our daughters strength and dreams. We do this with the women we serve at births.  I choose to raise up my daughters to be strong.  After all, "little girls with dreams, become women with vision."-Unknown


No comments:

Post a Comment